Most agents have a wish list. Not of gifts, but of the queries and manuscripts they want to land in their inbox. (Though these moments are akin to a great gift, if that gift is a hot manuscript wrapped with a lovely author and a big bow of staggering talent.) Now, realistically these may never arrive, but that doesn’t stop us from hoping.
Here is my list:
- Quality Women’s Non Fiction (Health, Nutrition, Relationships) from authors with platforms, marketing hooks and social media skills
- Books traversing the Commercial/Literary line.
- The ‘Book Club Book’
- Family or Romance based Multi-cultural Fiction
- Irish/Russian/German coming of age novel set against the political pressures of the past century
- Strong female protagonists that continue to grow
- Medical Thriller
- High-concept, emotionally compelling YA (no vampires or werewolves)
- Socio-cultural Non-Fiction, Pop Science