The P.S. Literary Agency had a fantastic year. Below are some of the highlights and I leave you with what’s coming up for us in 2012.
- The year began with the release of Gail Vaz-Oxlade’s NEVER TOO LATE. It became a Canadian bestseller. Gail was on the non-fiction bestsellers list in January appearing at #1 (NEVER TOO LATE), #6 (EASY MONEY), and #7 (DEBT-FREE FOREVER).
- Release of French-Canadian edition of DEBT-FREE FOREVER.
- Release of THE 10-POUND SHRED by Tommy Europe.
- Release of THE HAPPINESS EQUATION by Nick Powdthavee in the US.
- Release of ENDANGERED by Pamela Beason from Berkley.
- Release of BLACKJACK SECRETS by Jay Moore from Skyhorse Publishing.
- Sold English-language rights in India to Gail Vaz-Oxlade’s DEBT-FREE FOREVER.
- Sold Gail’s next book, MONEY RULES, to HarperCollins Canada.
- Sold English-language rights in India to Tommy Europe’s THE 10-POUND SHRED.
- Sold Japanese rights to Nick Powdthavee’s THE HAPPINESS EQUATION.
- Sold German rights to Pamela Beason’s first three titles, beginning with ENDANGERED, in the Summer Westin mystery series, to Egmont, at auction.
- Sold GUNSHIP ACE by journalist and author Al Venter to Casemate Publishers.
- We attended BookExpo America in May.
- The P.S Literary Agency attended the International Festival of Authors in Toronto. I wrote a blog post outlining the international publishing perspective from these sessions and meetings.
- This year we signed a small handful of fantastic fiction and non fiction authors including Gerry Dee, Colin Mochrie and Mary Akers. See our growing client list here.
- We launched our new website early in 2011.
- PSLA is focusing on children’s fiction expansion through YA and picture books.
Coming up next year
- We will be attending BookNet TechForum in Toronto in March.
- I will be doing a Blue Pencil Mentoring session at the Ontario Writers Conference 2012 in May.
- We will be attending Book Expo America in June.
- Curtis and I have some book deal news pending announcement.
Stay tuned to my blog for news from the agency, more writing tips, client news and industry information in the new year! Hope you are all having a lovely holidays with friends and family.