- 35% of advice given in any Home Hardware does not come from an actual employee
- 67% of Canadians own summer snow pants
- 32% of Canadians can’t spell “tuque” but own at least four
- 56% of Manitobans are convinced they’ve travelled to the future when visiting other provinces
- 79% of Canadian teens don’t want to wear their winter coat, it’s not even that cold out
- 100% of Canadian hockey players give it 110% every game
- 65% of Canadian Instagram accounts include an artsy photo of a Tim Hortons cup
Canadians everywhere have been deeply confused by the irresponsible and wildly inaccurate data tweeted by Stats Canada since July 2012. While outrageously false, these hilarious “facts” unearth deep truths about Canadians and their culture.
For the over 200,000 people already following on Twitter, @stats_canada is a daily source of the funniest Canadian parody.
Now, in their first book, Stats Canada satirizes everything from history, culture, and language to sports, entertainment, politics, weather, and much more.
With all-new features, graphs, maps, and other illustrations, Stats Canada has all the laughter you’ve come to expect, with only 10% recycled content!
Disclaimer: The official Statistics Canada has taken no issue with the content of this book. They were too polite to object.