P.S. Literary Agency (PSLA) is accepting applications for a Digital and Social Media Intern. Candidates should want to gain experience at an agency, have a flexible schedule, be able to devote 10 hours a week, and be comfortable working remotely.
Overall, PSLA is looking for applicants that are students or new to the industry, a passion for books, sharp eye for detail, a desire to learn how the industry and how agenting works, and good social media marketing skills.
The internship is unpaid, but PSLA will happily provide career guidance, publishing industry advice, and, if successful, a glowing letter of reference. One of our former interns is a graduate of the Humber College publishing program and is now our Agency Assistant. Another has been promoted to Associate Agent: Maria Vicente.
Digital and Social Media Intern
- Managing agency Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest pages
- Assisting with digital marketing plans
- Simple graphic design for social media campaigns
- Experience in social media maintenance
- Basic graphic design skills
- Interest in author brand management
- Comfortable working from home
- Previous publishing experience in a digital or marketing department
Interested candidates can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their cover letter and resume with the subject heading: Intern Application. Please answer the following questions in the body of the email:
- Why do you want to work at a literary agency?
- Who are your five favourite authors?
- What are your favourite publishing websites?
- What is your weekly schedule like/what is your availability?
We look forward to your application!
The application process closes May 12th, 2014.