P.S. Literary Agency (PSLA) is accepting applications for two fall internships. There are two remote Editorial Intern positions. Applicants should want to gain experience at an agency, have a flexible schedule, be able to devote 10 hours a week, and be comfortable working from home remotely.
PSLA is looking for applicants that have a passion for books, sharp eye for detail, a desire to learn how the industry and how agenting works, and basic critical reading, researching and organizational skills.
The internships are unpaid because it is remote and limited hours per week, but PSLA will happily provide career guidance, publishing industry advice, and a glowing letter of reference upon request.
Editorial Intern (Remote)
- Reading partial and full manuscripts, non fiction proposals
- Write readers reports, engage in discussion on manuscripts, understand the market, evaluate material
- Assist agents in getting projects ready for submission including market research and light line editing
Interested candidates can contact email@example.com with their cover letter and resume with the subject heading: Intern Application. Please answer the following questions in the body of the email:
- Why do you want to work at a literary agency?
- Who are your five favourite authors?
- What is your weekly schedule like/what is your availability?
We look forward to your application!
The application process closes August 22nd