I’m back at Writer’s Digest doing another great webinar. This time: HOW TO GET AN AGENT. Sign up here for the May 14 (1pm EST) session.
Many writers think getting a literary agent is the hardest thing they’ll have to do as a writer. They think agents are looking to turn away writers, when actually many agents are actively looking to sign new talent. How do you find these agents that have open doors?
Literary Agent Carly Watters works with many debut writers she’s signed from the slush pile who have become successful multi-published authors. She’ll share the industry expectations of debut writers, how to find agents that are actively looking for new writers, and what questions to ask to make sure you find the right agent for you.
Learn what agents are being told by the industry and how that shapes the debut projects they sign, why you need an agent, and where to find agents that represent what you write. Do you want know how to hook an agent? Carly will make sure you’re fishing in the right pond.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What an author/agent relationship looks like
- How to find an agent that’s right for you
- How to show agents you’re a ‘career author’
- How to stand out among other querying writers
- What the state of the industry looks like for new authors
- How agents approach the slush pile and writers conferences
- The important steps to writing a successful query letter
- Why you must query an agent with what they ask for
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Live access to the webinar to ask questions, OR if you’re working, still sign up because either way you get the webinar emailed to you and you get your critique.
- A critique of your query! From me!
- 1 Hour of Instruction
- 1/2 Hour of Q & A
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are crafting their first book
- Writers who have completed their first book
- Published writers who do not have an agent yet
- Writers who want to learn more about the author/agent relationship looks like
- Writers who want to learn an agent’s role in the industry