…as you all know…it’s not that simple.
So, that’s why I’m teaching my webinar again! HOW TO GET AN AGENT will run August 11 at 1pm EST, but don’t despair–if you can’t attend live and you’re still interested sign up anyway to get the live webinar emailed to you right after.
It’s full of great information and a QUERY CRITIQUE by yours truly.
Sign up here. See you in a few short weeks.
Many writers think getting a literary agent is the hardest thing they’ll have to do as a writer. They think agents are looking to turn away writers, when actually many agents are actively looking to sign new talent. How do you find these agents that have open doors?
Literary Agent Carly Watters works with many debut writers she’s signed from the slush pile who have become successful multi-published authors. She’ll share the industry expectations of debut writers, how to find agents that are actively looking for new writers, and what questions to ask to make sure you find the right agent for you.
Learn what agents are being told by the industry and how that shapes the debut projects they sign, why you need an agent, and where to find agents that represent what you write. Do you want know how to hook an agent? Carly will make sure you’re fishing in the right pond.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What an author/agent relationship looks like
- How to find an agent that’s right for you
- How to show agents you’re a ‘career author’
- How to stand out among other querying writers
- What the state of the industry looks like for new authors
- How agents approach the slush pile and writers conferences
- The important steps to writing a successful query letter
- Why you must query an agent with what they ask for