Please limit your query to one page and include the following:
- Paragraph One – Introduction: Include the title and category of your work (i.e. fiction or nonfiction and topic), an estimated word count and a brief, general introduction.
- Paragraph Two – Brief overview: This should read similar to back-cover copy.
- Paragraph Three – Writer’s bio: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background (awards and affiliations, etc.).
- Do not send attachments. Please use text within the body of your e-mail.
- Please do not submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested.
- Always let us know if your manuscript/proposal is currently under consideration by other agents/publishers.
- Please do not query multiple agents at the agency simultaneously – if you receive a query rejection from one agent it means a no from the agency.
PSLA only accepts submissions via email at query(at)psliterary(dot)com
PSLA does not charge reading fees.
Writers are truly the heart of the publishing business, and we are grateful for the opportunity to review each query we receive. As you may know, our small staff processes thousands of queries each month. We hope to manage our time in a way that best serves all clients and prospective clients’ needs. We have found that we do this best when we devote more time to manuscripts that may be a fit with our agency. Therefore, in light of the volume of submissions, as of AUGUST 1ST 2015 we have made a change to our response policy to “no response means no.” We will continue to respond within 4-6 weeks to queries for projects we are interested in seeing material from. If you have not heard from us after 4-6 weeks, you may assume we have reviewed your query and determined that your project is not the best fit for our agency. We will send an auto reply upon submission to every query we receive. We thank you very much for your understanding, and for considering P.S. Literary to represent your work.