Writer’s Digest is delightfully hosting me again for another great afternoon of talking books and business.
Busy that day? If you want to sign up but you’re booked up, sign up anyway because you get the webinar emailed to you.
PLUS everyone receives a 5 page critique of your work!
Here are the details for Successfully Publishing Your First Novel in the 21st Century:
It has never been more difficult to get traditionally published and make your writing stand out than right now. No matter what your writing goals are, a writer needs to get their book noticed to make it in this age of publishing. But with the right tools and industry insider tips you can make it possible.
Literary agent Carly Watters has years of experience launching debut authors. She’ll share with you the process of polishing your manuscript and getting it publication ready, querying literary agents effectively, keeping an agent’s attention with your manuscript, how to make the most of an agent/author relationship, how to find the best place to publish your writing, and where to find your readers.
Getting published today is still about the book: the writing has to be superb and stand alone. However, there are other tools writers can harness to grow their career. Carly will share her industry insider tips that have helped her clients grow from slush pile darlings to successfully published authors.
Being a published author in the 21st century means knowing how to get published, how to do it well, and how to rise above all the other books out there. Instead of accepting that it’s a competitive industry, why not learn what it takes to build a successful writing career?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to begin your book and why you’ve probably been starting in the wrong spot
- Self-editing tips that will transform your manuscript
- How to make your query letter stand out (from someone who reads over 800 a month!)
- Why agents stop reading your manuscript
- What agents are looking for in writers that are going to help them stand out
- How agents partner with authors to make them stand out in 21st century publishing
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are looking to publish their work for the first time
- Writers who want to get their manuscript publication ready
- Writers who would like to get a literary agent
- Writers who would like tips on how to query literary agents
- Writers who want to learn more about the business side of publishing in the 21st century
- Writers who have published before, but are looking for better ways to find readers