P.S. Literary Agency (PSLA) is accepting applications for a Digital and Social Media Intern. Candidates should want to gain experience at an agency, have a flexible schedule, be able to devote 10 hours a week, and be comfortable working remotely.
Overall, PSLA is looking for applicants that are students or new to the industry, a passion for books, sharp eye for detail, a desire to learn how the industry and how agenting works, and good social media marketing skills. Continue reading Social Media Intern: Accepting Applications Until May 12th
P.S. Literary Agency (PSLA) is accepting applications for two interns to assist the team for four months this fall (Sept to Dec). The two positions—Digital and Social Media Intern and Editorial Intern—should want to gain experience at an agency, have a flexible schedule, be able to devote 20 hours a week, and be comfortable working remotely, but be based in the Toronto area.
Overall, PSLA is looking for applicants that have some publishing experience, a passion for books, sharp eye for detail, a desire to learn how the industry and how agenting works, and basic critical reading, researching and organizational skills.
The internships are unpaid, but PSLA will happily provide career guidance, publishing industry advice, and, if successful, a glowing letter of reference. Our former intern is a graduate of the Humber college publishing program and is now our Agency Assistant.
Digital and Social Media Intern
- Managing agency Twitter and Pinterest pages
- Consulting authors on best social media, online marketing, and online brand presence practices
- Crafting digital marketing plans
- E-book research
- Updating catalogues
- Experience in website design and maintenance
- Interest in author brand management
- Comfortable working from home
- Previous publishing experience in a digital or marketing department
- Reading partial and full manuscripts, non fiction proposals (genres: YA, picture books, women’s fiction, adult non fiction, genre fiction, literary fiction, health, wellness and business)
- Write readers reports, engage in discussion on manuscripts, understand the market, evaluate material
- Assist agents in getting projects ready for submission including: admin work, research, copy editing,
- Start a new project for the agency writing detailed client prospectuses
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable working from home
- Previous publishing experience in an editorial or agency environment
Interested candidates can contact email@example.com with their cover letter and resume with the subject heading: Intern Application. Continue reading INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES WITH P.S. LITERARY AGENCY
Many frequent visitors to this blog know about what I’m looking for in queries and new projects. Here is an updated list of things I’m dying to see come in to me:
- Upmarket women’s fiction (high stakes, family issues, love, troubled heart, travel) with a new fresh concept
- Small town romance
- Historical fiction (i.e. The Tudor period, Regency, in the tradition of Philippa Gregory)
- Platform based non-fiction: must have a demonstrable expertise and know your quantifiable market
- Pop science and pop psychology proposals (i.e. brands, consumer behaviour, creativity, business with a commercial spin)
- Gritty contemporary YA
- High concept YA with a fresh new concept that hasn’t been done (i.e. light fantasy)
- High concept picture books that stand out from the pack Continue reading Updated: What I’m looking for
Starting March 1st the P.S. Literary Agency will no longer be accepting snail mail queries. We are going all digital with submissions. E-queries only please.